Usually holidays are hard for anyone who is trying to stick to a diet. That is the wonderful thing I have discovered with the Ketogenic (Keto) Diet. You can eat those lusciously flavorful foods and desserts AND STILL STICK TO THE DIET. Because there are some great food secrets that help you do it! One of those secret ingredients is in this recipe. (And there are lots more in your future!) How great is that – you CAN eat dessert and be healthy, too!
Just in time for the holidays – a wonderful Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake recipe – that is Keto-friendly! I found this wonderful version that you will have to try before the holidays just to tell people how good it is. 🙂 The secret is Golden Monkfruit sweetener.
What is Monk Fruit?
In the states, monkfruit is not a well-known commodity. Monk fruit is a small sub-tropical melon that has been cultivated in the remote mountains of Southern China for centuries. According to legend, monk fruit is named after the Buddhist monks who first cultivated the fruit nearly 800 years ago.
Monk fruit juice is an amazing twenty times sweeter than other fruit juices. The unique low-calorie sweetness of monk fruit comes from naturally occurring antioxidants found in the fruit that have a delicious, sweet taste, without the calories of sugar. Used as a food ingredient monk fruit adds delicious low-calorie sweetness, replacing sugar and calories with great-tasting goodness from fruit.
So now that you know about the secret ingredient, on to the recipe from our friends at KetoDaily:
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Since this Cheesecake does not have a graham cracker crust, this also qualifies as a Gluten-Free recipe too (as Keto recipes tend to be anyhow), and of course it is Low-Carb too.
I included in the video a little sneak peak on how you can whip up some quick and Keto-friendly Whipped Cream, just in case you absolutely must have it. That gives it more of a Pumpkin Pie type of festive vibe to me at least. Also, feel free to make extra Pumpkin Pie spice to stick in your cupboard for when you want to spice up some of your coffee in the mornings too.
Has getting healthier been on your mind more lately? Try the ketogenic diet – its not as hard as some people try to make it. You can still eat delicious desserts AND lose those pounds. Ready to know how? This is where to start – Learn Why Weight Gain and Excess Fat May Not Be Your Fault.
KETO PUMPKIN PECAN CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Pecan Halves
- 1/2 Cup Canned Pure Pumpkin
- 3 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Set the 2 bricks of Cream Cheese out on the counter at least 1 hour before you start this recipe so that they can properly soften. Set the eggs out about 30 minutes before you start to let them get closer to room temp.
- Preheat your oven to 350*F before you get started, because this is a pretty quick recipe to get in the oven.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Ginger.
- Either crush your Pecan Halves in a Food Processor, or simply use Chopped Pecans.
- In a medium mixing bowl add 1 Egg White and then whisk until completely foamy.
- Add the Pecans to the Egg White and then mix thoroughly.
- Season the Pecan and Egg mixture with 1 Teaspoon of the Pumpkin Spice mix and the 2 Tablespoons of Golden Monkfruit.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of your 9-inch springform pan and spread around evenly. This will produce a rather thin crust that should be about 1/8″ thick all around. Bake the crust for about 10 minutes in the oven at 350*F and then remove immediately and set on the counter.
- In a large bowl, begin to blend the Cream Cheese together with a hand mixer until evenly whipped.
- Add in the 1/2 Cup Pumpkin, 3 Large Eggs, 1 Cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener, 2 teaspoons of the pumpkin spice mixture. Blend until evenly whipped.
- Grease the sides of the Springform Pan before you spoon the cheesecake batter in, and spread as evenly across the pan as you can.
- Place the cheesecake into the oven at 350*F on the middle rack and allow to cook for approximately 45 minutes. Keep an eye on it though throughout the cooking process. The batter will be a little runnier at first than a normal cheesecake batter due to the added pumpkin, but it will firm up and stop jiggling.
- Remove from the oven when you believe it is done, and set on the counter to cool for about 20 minutes before placing in the refrigerator to cool for at least 4 hours (overnight preferably). Do not plastic wrap or cover the cheesecake with foil before putting in the fridge or else it will retain too much moisture on the top, but also do not add to a fridge that has exposed seafood or onions, as those flavors will seep into the cheesecake and ruin your day. You can wrap the cheesecake finally after it has sat in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, as it has probably let off most of it’s condensation at that point.
There are a number of substitutions you can make to this pumpkin pie cheesecake to get it to match up with your particular dietary needs. The first one that comes up is pecans (some people cannot do tree nuts). You could do graham cracker crust – however that will not be gluten free. If it is just pecans that you cannot do, then you could try macadamia nuts – it will be decadently delicious!
One other note: Since the instructions for the Whipped Cream were not in the video – it is 1/3 Cup HWC and 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract. You can also add sweetener to it if you want, but it is recommended to use liquid sweetener drops if you do so. You can, of course, double the recipe to make more.
Attribution from our friends at KetoDaily.
Bland is a thing of the past! You can eat delicious food on the Keto Diet. Many of the recipes in this book can be used on a low carb, Paleo or Keto Diet. We urge you to check out this cookbook built with Keto in mind!
Get Your Free Keto Low Carb Recipes Cookbook and find out all the delicious recipes that can help you eat your way to a healthy weight! Don't delay – do it today!